- Deadly New Coronavirus Can Spread Between Humans January 21, 2020
The finding could raise fears that the infection might not require contact with infected animals to occur, and could spread among people more rapidly.
- 3 U.S. Airports to Screen for Chinese Coronavirus January 21, 2020
Travelers from China will now have to undergo enhanced screening at three major U.S. airports for symptoms of a new coronavirus that has caused an outbreak of pneumonia in China
- Could Your Fitbit Help Detect the Flu? January 17, 2020
Research has shown that young men with fevers had increases in their resting heart rate of about 8.5 beats per minute (bpm) for about every 2-degree Fahrenheit increase in body temperature.
- Confronting Racial Bias in Maternal Deaths January 17, 2020
The United States has the highest maternal mortality rate of any developed country, and African American women like Kira are overly affected
- Are Doctors Throwing Away Potential Donor Kidneys? January 17, 2020
Many of the donor kidneys that are discarded each year in the United States could instead be effectively transplanted, a large new study suggests.
- Sepsis Causes Far More Deaths Than Thought January 17, 2020
Sepsis kills more than twice as many people worldwide as once believed, and children in poor regions account for an excessive number of such deaths, researchers say.
- Racy Slogans Halt Utah Condom Distribution Plan January 17, 2020
Utah Gov. Gary Herbert halted the distribution of 100,000 condoms that were part of an HIV-prevention effort due to racy messaging.
- Parents Can Help Their Sleep-Deprived Teens January 17, 2020
American teens aren't getting enough sleep, which can lead to anxiety, depression and suicidal thoughts.
- Flu Shot No Match for 'B' Strain, Season Rages On January 16, 2020
According to the CDC's estimates, there have been at least 9.7 million illnesses, 87,000 hospitalizations, and 4,800 deaths from flu this season.
- Diet Drug Belviq May Raise Cancer Risk: FDA January 16, 2020
Health care providers should weigh the benefits of taking lorcaserin against the potential risks when deciding whether to prescribe or continue patients on the medication, the FDA advised.