- Bike-Linked Head Injuries Decline for Kids, But Not Adults May 14, 2021
Increased helmet use and construction of dedicated bike lanes in cities have helped reduce cases of serious brain injuries.
- Despite CDC COVID Guidance, Some Still Require Masks May 14, 2021
New CDC guidance says fully vaccinated people don’t need to wear masks indoors, but many businesses like Starbucks and some state and local governments have not relaxed their own mask rules yet.
- Can Some Movies Change Your Life? Maybe May 14, 2021
A new study finds watching certain movies may help you navigate difficult times in your own life.
- Elon Musk: Is It Asperger's or Level 1 ASD? May 14, 2021
Asperger's is considered outdated terminology. It is no longer viewed as a diagnosis in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the "bible" used by mental health professionals to diagnose conditions.
- Exercise Helps the Heart, But Can Manual Labor Hurt? May 13, 2021
Physical activity is essential to maintain and improve health, but some research has suggested that physical activity required at work may not provide the same benefits and may even increase heart risk.
- CDC: Vaccinated? You Don't Need a Mask Indoors May 13, 2021
People who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to wear masks or physically distance, regardless of location or size of the gathering, the CDC announced today.
- Coronavirus Lingers in Penis and Could Cause Impotence May 13, 2021
Coronavirus infection is already known to damage blood vessels, and vessels that supply blood to the penis appear to be no exception.
- What's Best for Recurrent Ear Infections in Kids? May 13, 2021
A new study suggests the common treatment of "ear tubes" may not prevent future middle ear infections in all cases.
- COVID More Lethal for People Living With HIV May 13, 2021
New research shows that having HIV or AIDS increases a person's risk of catching and dying from COVID-19.
- AMA Announces Major Commitment to Health Equity May 13, 2021
Three-year strategic plan covers both changes needed at AMA and changes it would like to see in the health care system.